At Congleton High School we believe that homework is an integral part of the learning process. We set homework regularly to enable all students to fulfil their potential by:
- Developing good work habits and independent study skills
- Developing a self-disciplined and self-motivating attitude to study
- Practising and consolidating skills learned in the classroom
- Extending work begun in the classroom
- Making greater use of materials and sources of information which may not be available in the classroom
As a parent or carer, you have a key part to play in supporting your child with their homework. To help you know what homework has been set, to understand what we expect from students and how you can best support them with their homework, we have produced a guide for parents, which you can download by clicking the link on the right.