- You are here:
- About Us
- Our Facilities
- 3G pitch
- Sixth Form Centre
- Media suite_01
- Languages Lab
- Media blue screen
At CHS we believe our students deserve the best environment possible for their learning. The school has recently undergone a £1.2 million building and refurbishment project, which has added 6 fabulous new classrooms, 2 new science labs and a Post 16 teaching space to our accommodation. In addition, the whole of the main teaching block has been refurbished, with new windows and doors, improved insulation, new toilets and the latest auto-closing fire doors being installed. There is also a new, more secure main reception area with meeting room and a new student reception and admin offices.
We are extremely proud of the outstanding facilities that we have. These include:
- a newly refurbished Learning Resource Centre (LRC), equipped with sets of Kindles and iPads for class use
- a new media suite with editing studio and industry-standard facilities
- two Drama and two Music studios, as well as practice rooms, recording studio and sound isolation room
- six ICT rooms with student PCs, Internet access and interactive whiteboards
- a block of eight Science labs
- new state-of-the-art languages lab
- well-equipped general purpose classrooms with data projectors and whiteboard tablets to facilitate dynamic and interactive teaching
- four specialist Art rooms with kiln area, wash area for silkscreen printing and ICT facilities for digital photography editing
- a Technology and Engineering Area, incorporating a CAD/CAM suite
- community use sports hall, fitness suite with full refit in September 2016 and gym
- brand new in October 2016, a full size, flood-lit 3G astro-turf pitch, suitable for all outdoor sports including rugby with 150 seat stand and one of only eight in Cheshire East to be included on the FA 3G Football Turf Pitch Register.
- extensive playing fields and courts for hockey, football, rugby, tennis, netball, cricket and athletics
- purpose-built Post 16 Centre (The Taylor Building) with café, common room, classrooms and study room with student PCs and internet access through a wireless network
All students are encouraged to make use of our virtual learning environment, 'CHS Life', through which they can access additional resources from home. Homework assignments, revision tips, useful links and other information are all available online, helping to promote independent learning.